Friday, February 20, 2015

Gun Vise

Here is how to make a simple useful gun vise.  You need an 8" handscrew clamp ($7.99 from Harbor Freight), some 3" screws (deck screws work well), and a board.  I used a 2x10 because that's what I had laying around.  You could use a 2x8 or even a 2x6.


The base is 42" long.  You could make it shorter, but I wanted it to be heavy so it doesn't move around.  The clamp sits on a 2" tall x 1.5" wide x 6" long block that is screwed to the base from underneath with 2 screws.  The clamp is screwed to the block with 2 screws.



The V rest is 7" tall.  The bottom of the V is 4" from the base.  It is screwed to the base from underneath with 5 screws, 30" from the clamp end.  On the top photo you can see some extra holes where I had the V rest farther away, but had to move it to accommodate some shorter firearms (Ruger 10/22).  Initially I was planning on padding the clamp and the V rest with some pieces of leather from an old belt, but I never got around to doing it.  I've used it a lot and it hasn't marred any of my guns.

Here is the gun vise in action:


3 comments:

  1. Excellent piece of equipment, a step above the Best Vise, very versatile.
    https://gunsafeable.com/best-gun-vise-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post! these tips may help me. Keep sharing blog like this.
    Main Page
    Top Article
    Original site
    Read much more

    ReplyDelete